This role is responsible to build functional applications and websites. The .NET Developer’s responsibilities include participating in the entire software development life cycle, debugging applications, and configuring existing systems. You are equally happy to roll up your sleeves to write code and review other team members’ work.
Ultimately, you’ll use your expertise in the .NET framework to help us deploy high-quality applications.
Also, this role should also do efficient communication with the Australian team for getting requirements, do necessary task planning with the team for better completion of the application.
This role holder is required to invest time in organizing, upskilling, and training junior counterparts.
Technical Expertise (60%)
- Analyze system requirements and prioritize tasks
- Write clean, testable code using .NET programming languages
- Develop technical specifications and architecture
- Test and debug various .NET applications
- Review and refactor code
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Upgrade existing programs
- Document development and operational procedures
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Proper use of task management and time logging tools
- Comply with project plans and company standards
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
- Ensure software is updated with the latest features
- Providing written knowledge transfer material
Product Quality Assurance (20%)
- Develop verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Conduct testing and verification of software before sending to QA
- Prepare functional document for QA team for further testing.
Team Management (15%)
- Mentor and upskill junior team members
- Should be a team leader, assigning tasks to juniors and helping them.
- Should help manager on task planning and helps and report to the manager on the task assigned
Stakeholder Management (5%)
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with Development Project Managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues.
Any other additional tasks or responsibilities as required by the business.
Experience & Qualifications / Critical elements of success
- Proven work experience above 2+ years as a .NET Developer
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Should have knowledge in MVC
- Good working knowledge in any JS frameworks (AngularJS, Vue, Node) will be added benefit.
- Hands-on experience on SQL
- Familiarity with No-SQL database (Mongo, Redis, etc) will be added benefit
- Proficiency in building CMS based web applications, preferably in Kentico and Sitecore
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (like C# and Visual Basic . NET)
- Familiarity with agile environments
- Excellent communication skills and troubleshooting abilities
- Should have the knowledge to setup the environment (DEV, UAT, production) and should be able to configure CI/CD tools.
- Should be able to write unit test
Why you’ll love us
Through our people philosophy, we believe that happy people with a great work/life balance are able to bring the #WOW factor to work and they’re more fun to share an office with. Join us and surround yourself with like-minded, high-achieving individuals and unbeatable career development opportunities.
To know more about us, please visit the link at https://omgnpprd.wpengine.com/
Our working hours are generally from 7 am till 4 pm, Monday till Friday.
“Omnicom Media Group Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently-abled, to apply”